The library has a meeting room that is available to community groups and organizations when it is not in use by the library. The meeting room seats 80 comfortably. It is equipped with a wall mounted LED display with HDMI and VGA connections for input and has wireless access to the Internet. The meeting room may be used during regular library hours.
Adopted by Board: January 2010
In keeping with the Library’s mission to enrich the lives of the citizens of Dunn County and foster a sense of community in a welcoming environment, the Menomonie Public Library meeting room is available for use by community groups for informational, educational or cultural meetings and programs when not needed for library purposes. Use of the library meeting room does not imply endorsement by the library staff or Trustees of the viewpoints presented.
The Library Board encourages the widest possible use of the library meeting room by government agencies and nonprofit community groups as long as the use does not interfere with the normal functions of the library.
- All meetings shall be open to the public.
- The room may be used for educational, cultural, informational or civic activities and may include lectures, panel discussions, workshops and other similar functions.
- Room bookings are subject to cancellation if the room is needed for library programming. As much advance notice as possible will be given to the group(s) affected by the change.
- Programs involving the sale, advertising, promotion of commercial products or services, or programs sponsored by a business firm, regardless of purpose, are prohibited except for performers at Menomonie Public Library programs with pre-approval to sell sound recordings, videos and books related to their performance and the Friends of the Menomonie Public Library semi-annual book sale fundraisers
- No admission fee, registration fee, donation or monetary solicitation may be sought from meeting attendees unless the Library co-sponsors the program.
- The meeting room will not be used for personal or family purposes.
- Groups may reserve the meeting room up to three months in advance. Groups may book no more than three consecutive meetings in a three month period.
- Users agree to abide by all regulations of the library relating to the use of the facilities and accept responsibility for all damages caused to the building or equipment beyond normal wear.
There is no charge for use of the meeting room by government agencies, by nonprofit community groups or by groups presenting programs in which the Library is a sponsor or cooperating agency.
The meeting room seats 80 people comfortably. Posted room capacity is 120.
GENERAL RULES REGARDING MEETING ROOM USE
- Groups interested in using the Library meeting rooms must first fill out an application form provided by the library at least one (1) week prior to the event. Application form is available on our web site.
- An authorized adult representative of the group must request use of the meeting room and fill out the form. By signing the form the applicant agrees that the Menomonie Public Library Meeting Room Policy applies to the requested use of the space and has been read and understood. Failure to abide by the Policy may disqualify the group from future use of the room.
- The group accepts financial responsibility for any and all damage caused to the building or equipment beyond normal wear. The group contact person will be responsible for any charges incurred by the group.
- Meeting rooms are scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
- Reservations may be made no more than three months in advance.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel a scheduled meeting if the room is needed for library programming. The Library will make every effort to avoid a cancellation but does reserve the right.
- Room reservations may be called in or made online but are not confirmed until processed by the library.
- Library staff should be notified in advance of cancellations.
CONDITIONS OF USE
- Meetings must be held during regular library hours.
- Meetings must end on time. All meetings must end 15 minutes before closing.
- Meetings must be free and open to the general public.
- Groups are responsible for ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) requirements and for providing requested accommodations for meetings or programs. A statement regarding the availability of accommodations must be included in all publicity or notices. Sample statement for publicity: If you need accommodations to access this meeting or program, please contact (name of person or organization) one week in advance of program or meeting.
Food and Drink
- Groups may serve light refreshments in the meeting room.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- The group is responsible for leaving the room in the condition in which it was found. Charges may be assessed for damages or required extra cleanup.
Equipment and Media
- The meeting room is equipped with a wall mounted LED display, DVD player, HDMI and VGA connections for devices, and wireless Internet access.
- There is no charge for use of the equipment.
- The library does not provide operators for the equipment.
- The meeting room is Internet capable through wireless.
If you have additional questions about use of the meeting room contact : 715.232.2164 ext 210 or email the library at: email@example.com