After having to cancel last year’s event because of the pandemic we’re pleased to be able to start back up in 2021. A normal year would see nine performances starting in June but out of an abundance of caution, we have pared back this year’s event to five acts on five Thursdays in July at 7:00 p.m. We have a fab lineup of groups.
- Good Morning Bedlam, July 1 – Good Morning Bedlam has become an innovative force in the midwest folk scene. Their shows are known for their contagious energy, with members careening about the stage, jumping and dancing with a wild playfulness. With tight soaring three-part harmonies and thumping kick-drum, they captivate their audience night after night with no intention of slowing down. Every song is a unique twist on what is generally dubbed as folk music.
- The Cutaways, July 8 – The Second-best Band in Western Wisconsin (TM). Certainly not second-best to us! The Cutaways have been great friends of the library.
- MoJo Lemon, July 15 – Wisconsin Blues-rock at its finest. The legend is back.
- North of Dixie, July 22 – North of Dixie is a perennial favorite at Music Over Menomin returning to play their own brand of foot-stomping Northwoods music, old-time mountain songs, and swing.
- Yata, Sinz and Orfield, July 29 – the eclectic sound of the Chippewa Valley’s quintessential musical trio.
We’ll social distance on the lawn. Masks aren’t required but by all means wear one if you feel more comfortable.
Full calendar https://menomonielibrary.org/music-over-menomin/