Library Reopening Guidelines
The Library Board of Trustees has voted to reopen the library on a limited basis beginning June 1. Using guidelines from the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation along with guidance from the Dunn County Health Department the library will begin the process of safely reopening the building to the public. To best protect the health of everyone the library will begin a phased reopening with the following limitations:
- Open hours are Monday-Friday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. at Menomonie Public Library and Tuesday and Thursday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. at the Elk Mound Community Library.
- Building occupant capacity is limited to 20 customers at one time in Menomonie and 5 customers at one time in Elk Mound.
- No in-person programming is provided at either library. The summer 2020 Music Over Menomin season has been canceled.
- Face masks are required to enter the building in both Menomonie and Elk Mound. Please bring a mask with you if you intend to visit.
- Curbside pickup is offered Monday-Friday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. in Menomonie. Please call 715.232.2164 to schedule.
- Library materials must be returned through the outside book return for quarantining.
- Visitors will be expected to practice safe social distancing while in the building.
- Library staff will be practicing safe social distancing. Please understand this will change how we normally provide assistance to patrons.
- If you returned materials recently but still see them on your account DON’T WORRY. The library has to quarantine all returned items for 96 hours before we can check them in. We will backdate everything when we do check it in so YOU WON’T BE FINED. If you have questions about your account, you can always call during business hours 715.232.2164.
- This plan will remain fluid and is subject to change as circumstances warrant.