Due to the Covid-19 pandemic response, the library has been closed until further notice. This includes the Elk Mound Branch.
- Regular monthly meeting of the Board of Trustees to be held via Zoom Thursday, May 21 at 6:00 p.m. Pre-registration required
- Governor’s new Stay At Home order allows curbside pickup of library materials after April 24. Curbside pickup began April 27 in Menomonie. The library building remains closed. Sorry, curbside pickup is not available in Elk Mound at this time.
- If you have library materials checked out your new due date is June 3. The outside book return is open feel free to return you items at any time.
- Outside book return will remain open at Menomonie. The Elk Mound outside book return is closed, please keep your items.
- Phone messages will be responded to between 9 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday.
You can continue to place holds on items in our catalog as usual. The requests will activate automatically when normal operations resume. The limit of 50 holds per library card remains in effect. If you are requesting items for curbside pickup see the Requesting Menomonie Materials Online instructions
- Meeting Room bookings will not be accepted until we reopen.
The Elk Mound Community Library is closed and has no materials return drop available, please keep your items until we reopen.
- Interlibrary Loan is suspended.
- Try an E-Card if you don’t have a library card. If you don’t have a regular library card from a MORE-member library and you’re a Wisconsin resident, you can get an e-card to use MORE’s shared electronic resources. Find the e-card self-registration form here.
- If you need Federal tax forms, go online to irs.gov or call the IRS office in Eau Claire (715) 930-1663. IRS has extended filing deadline to July 15, 2020.
- Need WiFi? The library’s free WiFi is available from our parking lot and grounds.
- Check our website for eContent you can use from home.
- Follow us on Facebook for updates and news.
- Music Over Menomin events scheduled for June have been postponed.
- Music Over Menomin Jr. events for children scheduled for June have been canceled.
- For current information on COVID-19 call 211.
Featured Online Resources
Access Ancestry Library Edition from your home through June 30th. Log into your MORE account, click on your messages envelope icon, and look for the blue notification bar to access Ancestry from your couch.
Tumblebooks eBook Library for children in grades K-6. Over 1100 titles. It includes animated talking picture books, chapter books, non-fiction titles, graphic novels, playlists, and books in French and Spanish.
Online access to full-text of the Dunn County News, Eau Claire Leader-Telegram, Chippewa Herald, Pioneer Press, Star Tribune, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Capital Times, Wisconsin State Journal and more. Current and past issues.