Due to the Covid-19 pandemic response, the library has been closed until further notice. This includes the Elk Mound Branch.
- If you have library materials checked out your new due date is May 1.
- Feel free to keep your items until this time.
- Outside book return will remain open at Menomonie but we encourage you to keep your items. The Elk Mound outside book return is closed, please keep your items.
- Phone messages will be responded to between 9 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday.
If you have items on our hold shelf waiting for pickup they will still be here when we reopen.
You can continue to place holds on items in our catalog as usual. The requests will activate automatically when normal operations resume. The limit of 50 holds per library card remains in effect.
The Elk Mound Community Library branch is closed, and has no materials return drop available, please keep your items until we reopen.
- Interlibrary Loan is suspended.
- Try an E-Card if you don’t have a library card. If you don’t have a regular library card from a MORE-member library and you’re a Wisconsin resident, you can get an e-card to use MORE’s shared electronic resources. Find the e-card self-registration form here.
- If you need Federal tax forms, go online to irs.gov or call the IRS office in Eau Claire (715) 930-1663. IRS has extended filing deadline to July 15, 2020.
- Need free WiFi? The library’s free WiFi is available from our parking lot and grounds.
- Check our website for eContent you can use from home.
- Follow us on Facebook for updates and news.
Featured Online Resources
Access Ancestry Library Edition from your home through April 30th. Log into your MORE account, click on your messages envelope icon, and look for the blue notification bar to access Ancestry from your couch.
Tumblebooks eBook Library for children in grades K-6. Over 1100 titles. It includes animated talking picture books, chapter books, non-fiction titles, graphic novels, playlists, and books in French and Spanish.
Online access to full-text of the Dunn County News, Eau Claire Leader-Telegram, Chippewa Herald, Pioneer Press, Star Tribune, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Capital Times, Wisconsin State Journal and more. Current and past issues.