Our Knowing News programming includes a community read of The Elements of Journalism: What Newspeople Should Know and the Public Should Expect. Copies are now available for check-out. Start reading the book now OR just come to the introduction by UW Eau Claire Professor of Journalism, Jan Larson on October 4 at 7:00 p.m. at the Menomonie Public Library. Professor Larson is coordinating the Beyond the Headlines project in Eau Claire which strives to connect journalists and the public to achieve better understanding.
“The Elements of Journalism is one of the five best essential works about journalism ever written. It belongs on the shelf of every citizen.” – Roger Mudd, Wall Street Journal.
- October 4 at 7:00 p.m. at the Menomonie Public Library – Introduction to the concepts in The Elements of Journalism presented by Jan Larson, Professor of Journalism at UW Eau Claire.
- October 18 at 7:00 p.m. in the Stout Student Center Ballroom A we will host a panel of western Wisconsin journalists who will lead a discussion on what it is like to work in today’s newsroom.
- Rich Kremer, Wisconsin Public Radio
- Chris Ison, University of Minnesota School of Journalism and formerly Minneapolis Star Tribune newspaper
- Keith Edwards, WQOW TV
- Barbara Lyon, Dunn County News
- Pamela Powers, UW Stout Communication and formerly Eau Claire Leader-Telegram newspaper
- Facilitator Kate Edenborg, UW Stout Professor of Journalism and Mass Communication
In partnership with the Dunn County News and UW Stout Library. Made possible in part by a grant from the Wisconsin Center for the Book. Additional funding provided by the Menomonie Public Library Foundation.