- Rich Kremer, Wisconsin Public Radio
- Chris Ison, University of Minnesota School of Journalism and formerly Minneapolis Star Tribune newspaper
- Keith Edwards, WQOW TV
- Barbara Lyon, Dunn County News
- Pamela Powers, UW Stout Communication and formerly Eau Claire Leader-Telegram newspaper
- Facilitator Kate Edenborg, UW Stout Professor of Journalism and Mass Communication
Hosts Chuck Backus and Ted Stark talk with Barbara Lyon, editor of the Dunn County News. We interview Barbara about her long career in journalism and the important job of running the newspaper of record for Dunn County and Menomonie and we get a scoop on her employment status. As a part of our Knowing News programming, Barbara will be on a panel of journalists October 18 at 7:00 p.m. at the UW Stout Student Center Ballroom A. This program is free and open to everyone.
Pick up a copy of the book The Elements of Journalism at the Library before the event and become a more informed consumer of the news. Support provided by the Wisconsin Humanities Council with funding from the National Endowment for the Humanities. In partnership with the Dunn County News and University of Wisconsin Stout Library. Additional support provided by the Menomonie Public Library Foundation.