The library’s annual report includes performance data and program highlights for the calendar year 2018. It was another eventful year for the library. Here are a few highlights:
- Completed replacing the original windows with high efficiency manufactured windows. This has been an ongoing project for the past several years.
- Created three private study and reading areas using privacy screens.
- The Children’s Department hosted the first ever Music Over Menomin Jr. concert series. It featured performers just for K-5 kids and their families on the library lawn. Mayo Clinic Health Systems partnered with us.
- Hosted our first outdoor Movies over Menomin on the big screen.
- Our Menomonie Reads, the library’s community-wide read, was “Montaigne in Barn Boots” Michael Perry’s collection of essays which included a visit from the author.
- The Book Bike took multiple trips to the Farmer’s Market and the Menomonie Waterpark giving away books.
- “Book Bundles” were delivered to 3 assisted living facilities each month to enrich the lives of residences there.
- Library staff conducted regular book club sessions at the Dunn County Jail for inmates.