Join the Menomonie Public Library Volunteers
Volunteers provide help to library staff. Volunteers bring a range of skills to the library for special projects and ongoing help. Volunteers are a link to our community.
Possible tasks for volunteers:
- Keep shelves in order.
- Retrieve items to fill requests.
- Assist with office work
- Sorting and Filing
- Assist with daily courier delivery of materials.
- Help with special projects in Youth Services.
- Assist with producing promotional materials.
- Outdoor work if you want it.
- Litter Patrol
Our volunteers become part of the staff and there are some expectations placed on them:
- Volunteers should be able to make a commitment to work agreed upon hours;
- Show a willingness to be flexible in work assignments;
- Demonstrate a wish to do the job right. Willingness to approach staff and ask questions;
- Be able to understand the need for privacy and confidentiality in the library as explained to them by library staff;
- Act in a professional way;
- Be capable of keeping accurate logs of their volunteer time;
- Dress in a clean, comfortable clothing;
- Volunteers are often approached by library users and will need to interact with them in a friendly way.
If you are interested in volunteering you can stop in the library and fill out an application or show your interest now by filling out the online application.
If you have additional question you can contact Lisa Murray, email@example.com