Monday evenings starting in July | 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Pre-registration is required. Classes limited to 15 participants
- July 9 | Accessibility Options – Participants will learn how to activate and manage the accessibility options on their computers and devices, such as turning on high contrast, larger fonts, and magnified display options, in additions to screen reading technologies.
- July 16 | User Customization - Participants will learn how to make the most of their technology by customizing it for their own needs. Examples include: Changing application and operating system settings; rearranging and adding elements to the visual layout; adding bookmarks/favorites that allow for fast access to commonly used web sites and files.
- July 23 | Understanding Applications – Participants will learn the fundamentals of what an application is; how applications can be located and installed; and basic information about alternative applications (with a focus on browser options such as Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, and Opera).
- July 30 | Advanced Email – Participants will learn how to access their email using applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, and mobile email apps (iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry) using a variety of protocols such a POP3, IMAP, and Microsoft Exchange.
- August 6 | Operating Systems – Participants will learn about various operating systems that run on devices, from Windows, Linux, and Mac OS on desktop computers and laptops, to iOS, Android, and Windows Phone on smartphones and tablets.
Pre-register at the Information Desk or by calling 715.232.2164 ext. 10
Workshops made possible by Vista, UW Stout, the Library, and the Indianhead Library System