The mission of the Menomonie Public Library Foundation is to sustain, enhance, and ensure the continuing development of a valuable resource in this community – The Menomonie Public Library
There are numerous ways to contribute to the Menomonie Public Library Foundation:
- Nautilus Endowment Fund - a permanent fund whose principal remains intact while the interest is used for library needs not funded by city or county appropriations, such as special events and speakers, unique collections and one-time equipment purchases. Donations to the Nautilus Endowment Fund are cumulative and credited to you, from year-to-year, until you’ve given at least $1,000, at which time you become and official Nautilus Society donor.
- Designated Gifts - you may designate your gift for specific needs such as books, audio books, building enhancements, technology and special programs.
- Unrestricted Gifts - an unrestricted gift provides the most flexibility, allowing the foundation to use the funds for its most urgent needs and activities.
- Buy-a-Shelf - individuals, businesses, clubs foundations and organizations are invited to support the library through the Buy-a-Shelf program. You can buy a shelf in your name, or the name of a family member, friend, or in memory of a loved one. Buy-a-Shelf purchases can also celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Christmas and the holidays, or other special occasions. In recognition of your donation, a permanent engraved plaque will be placed on one of your library’s bookshelves or end panels. Your contribution will support the library for years to come.
To learn more about giving opportunities contact:Ted Stark, Library Director 715-232-2164 ext. 18 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Menomonie Public Library Foundation, Inc. is a 501c (3) - All gifts are tax deductible
Your contributions to the Nautilus Endowment Fund, regardless of size, are cumulative and credited to you from year-to-year until you’ve given at least $1,000, at which time you become an official Nautilus Society donor.
- Engraved Tiles – a special recognition area in the library showcased by a bronze sculpture, entitled “Nautilus”, has been designed to honor people who have become donors of the Nautilus Society. Around the base of the sculpture is a recessed floor of Avonite tiles. These individual tiles are engraved with the names of Society donors.
You may choose to designate the Menomonie Public Library Foundation as beneficiary in your will or trust. You can become a benefactor by informing the Menomonie Public Library Foundation that it is included in your will or trust. Consult your financial advisor on the tax benefits of becoming a benefactor.
For over 130 years, the Menomonie Public Library has served the ever-changing literary, educational and informational needs of the citizens of Menomonie and the greater Dunn county area. Whether large or small, your gift will truly help us keep the Menomonie Public Library, a most precious gem, shining for years to come.
Foundation Board of Directors
- Mike Schendel, President
- Laurie Ausman
- Jon Hove
- Don Kuether
- Pat Eggert
- Karen Zimmerman
- Phil Sawin
- Denise Sedlak
- Sallie Ward
Foundation funds are invested in the Community Foundation of Dunn County. The Community Foundation of Dunn County was established in 1995 to promote charitable giving as a way to create a permanent source of capital to benefit and enrich the quality of life in the Dunn County area. The Community Foundation is available to anyone that wants to help make the communities of Dunn County welcoming places to live, raise families and retire.
To contact the Foundation email or call:Library Director Ted Stark 715-232-2164 ext. 18 email@example.com